FedoraCore Installation Problem

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 20 22:12:28 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 21:59 +0100, LinUsr wrote:
> Craig,
> Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, when it stalls the keyboard & mouce are inactive, therefore couldn't switch to console...
> +
----
Inactive or inoperable?

If the system doesn't respond to keyboard, you have probably experienced
a kernel panic and may need to invoke one of the installation options...

you might try text mode installation..

type 'text' at the boot prompt (no quotes)

and see what happens.

There are a number of suggestions that might help...

instead of text you could try...

acpi=off

I can't put my hands on the installation troubleshooting pages at the
moment...perhaps someone can point them out.

There may be problems with your discs...

I don't know for sure, but you will probably get a better idea in text
mode since you can't switch the console in GUI mode.

Craig