Back up data in Rescue mode

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 05:36:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 23:20, M.K wrote:

>         Your network interface may not have started correctly in
>         rescue mode.
>
> Your were absolutely right because last time I escape from that phase.
> I exit the rescue mode and I rerun from the begging I chose the
> network interface
> I got this messsage:
> Network Device:eth0
> Description :VIA Technologies   |  VT6102    {Rhine-II]
> [X]Configure suing DHCP
> IP Address   ------------
> Netmask    ------------
>

> I am not sure what I a have to put on Netmask
> and can I put my  www.mywebsite.com on IP address

You can find what the old settings were in the file
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.  The IP
address and netmask will be a setting for your own
network.  If you have a home router you may be using
DHCP  which should work just as well in rescue mode as
normally.   If you have another computer to work with
you can find the www.mywebsite.com address with
nslookup or ping.

--
  Les Mikesell