[FC5] First impression

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Tue Mar 21 12:09:34 UTC 2006

 Alright! Can't check it myself right now, untill I'm at home, but it sounds like the real thing.Thanks for the effort(s) Jim! And my dad isn't really complaining.Why should he? He's Windows-free :o) Regards,Patrick--- On Tue 03/21, Jim Cornette < fc-cornette at insight.rr.com > wrote:From: Jim Cornette [mailto: fc-cornette at insight.rr.com]To: fedora-list at redhat.comDate: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:02:34 -0500Subject: Re: [FC5] First impressionPatrick wrote:> Did anyone find out already how to save settings when logging off?> > Thanks!I scanned around and found two entries, one called session and another titled sessions. I selected the session titled entry under.System > Preferences > More Preferences > Session that pulls up a modal type window with three check boxes.gTweakUI- Save session automatically- Show Logout menu- Show splash screen on loginThe first entry is not checked, the last two are checked. I suppose checking the first entry would save your session
on exit. Unchecking it after you have options as desired should keep the terminal on desktop 4 as you desire.I think you can change the splash image to by drag and drop. I did not read the documentation or drag an image to check.JimPS - If your dad complains about the menus taking so long to start the first instance used, FC5 does not have that bothersome delay.-- Would it be acceptable to debian policy if we inserted a crontabby default into potato that emailed bill.gates at microsoft.comevery morning with an email that read, "Don't worry, linux is afad..."-- fedora-list mailing listfedora-list at redhat.comTo unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list