FC5 install: Anaconda fails: "out of diskspace"

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Mar 21 14:34:53 UTC 2006

On 3/21/06, Alain PORTAL <aportal at univ-montp2.fr> wrote:

> Do you really need a 213G home partition?

I have a lot of media files (avi, mp3, tiff).

> With a such disk, I strongly suggest you to use logical volume management that
> let you resizing partition as often you need.

LVM is great, I am using it on other drives. But you need to reformat
your partitions to use it, and I would need to copy all 177GB from my
home partition to some other location in order to do this, but at the
moment I don't have the diskspace to do this.

Anaconda offers the option to upgrade an existing setup; I've used it
before, ie, when upgrading from FC3 to FC4. There must be some
*simple* explanation for and solution to this "out of diskspace"
error.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam