when upgrading from FC4 to FC5 from the DVD what will happen to the Extra pakages?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 21 22:09:07 UTC 2006

yonas abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that the extra packages don't come with the FC5 DVD. so when I
> choose upgrade option at inistall time,  how do the dependency get
> resolved for the packages i had from FC4-extra? did it break them ?

It probably left the programs depending on libs that are no longer on
your system and were replaced upward in versions. Doing a yum update
afterwards *should* bring the packages back to functionality.

The maintainers/developers for Fedora-Extras tracked the development up
to FC5 pretty much. They did an excellent job for packages that I use
from the repository.

Jim