Are Livna and FreshRPMS compatible?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed Mar 22 00:52:06 UTC 2006

Mariano López Reta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to know if I can have both installed so yum can search
> both.

You can try to have both. Today I tried to install several apps and just
a few from livna conflicted with freshrpms. (Mostly because livna
provided the same programs and some rpms were pulling those as
dependencies).
On my personal experience, I'd say they're compatible, as long as you
dont install packages that exist in both repositories. And if you do
install a package that install in both, get ready to debug the update
sometime in the future.

--
Pedro Macedo