FC5 issue with ndiswrapper

gecobb at maine.rr.com gecobb at maine.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 13:41:20 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone,

I just loaded FC5 and then configured my NetGear WG511T with
ndiswrapper as is my usual process.  This worked on FC4 and FC5-T3 but
the system-config-network app can't "see" wlan0 with the latest
distro.  Additionally the ndiswrapper.ko module isn't getting loaded at
boot time.  I have it working through a script in rc5.d so I don't
think it is a physical issue -- does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, is there a reason that the kernel-devel RPM isn't on the distro?
Having to go find that made the install experience a little less than
optimal for me.

Thanks
-gc