FC5 Upgrade

Smith, Herb herb.smith at boeing.com
Wed Mar 22 16:35:54 UTC 2006

I did an upgrade from FC4 to FC5 last evening.  I'm having a couple
issues...

1) When I create a launcher, it will not let me select a custom icon
2) Where did the "Network Device Control" selection go that was under
System Tools?  I used this to activate my dial-up modem and it doesn't
appear.
3) When I try to run the PIRUT tool after the upgrade to add other
applications, it gave an error saying that it could not determine the
current configuration.

I don't know if there are any other issues, that's as far as I got.  Is
this symptomatic of something in particular?
Any suggestions, or am I better off just doing a complete re-install and
rebuild my user directories afterward, ie. Start all over.

Thanks,

Herb Smith