looking for motherboard that plays nice with Fedora 4

Mariano López Reta mlreta at alternativagratis.com
Wed Mar 22 18:41:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 10:46 -0600, Randy Paries wrote:

> I am looking for anyone that has good luck with a particular
> MotherBoard, particularly onboard GBNics.

Randy:

I've been very successful with MSI mobos. Right now, I'm using K8N Neo
Platinum (socket 754), and I'm planning on migrating to a socket 939
soon. If you're configuring a server, you should take a look at a socket
940, with Opteron's Dual core chips. I've tested an HP 385DL with 2 Dual
cores 2.2Ghz, and can tell you that it is amazing (although I tested
RHEL4 on that one).

Good luck,

--
Mariano López Reta <mlreta at alternativagratis.com>