Hard decision

Mariano López Reta mlreta at alternativagratis.com
Wed Mar 22 19:16:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:10 -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:

> Not using 64bit, I'm not entirely sure about this, but
> I think I read somewhere you can setup 32bit apps to
> run on your 64bit base. So you could actually get
> 32bit firefox with plugins running.

I've already done that. Problem is, several libraries that Firefox needs
must be installed in 32 bits, and this generates a dependencies
nightmare.

Someone else answered that has downgraded with no significant
performance impact. I think I'll follow that path, then. But first, I
want to try Firefox 1.5, since I've read on another forum (Centos) that
it already includes a flash player and it is x86-64. Can anyone confirm
this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano López Reta <mlreta at alternativagratis.com>