bittorrent slow

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Wed Mar 22 23:17:17 UTC 2006

I could sure use some suggestions to improve my Bittorrent
performance.  I have 9881-9889 forwarded in my router.  My ISP
throttles the high ports but only to 256kbit.  I'm running Bittorrent
4.4.1 on a WinXP machine and I'm only getting 10KB/sec up and around
14KB/sec down.  It has been downloading the bordeaux-binary-i386 for
two days now and still has 13 hours to go.  When I first started it
on Monday it was running about twice as fast but after a few hours
slowed to what it is doing now.

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...