PPC/FC5 Boot problem

Adam H. Pendleton fmonkey at fmonkey.net
Fri Mar 24 22:20:17 UTC 2006

I'm having a boot problem with FC5 on PPC.  The installation on my
titanium Powerbook went off without a hitch, but when the system boots
all I get is the little Mac folder with the flashing question mark.
Holding down option, which would allow me to choose my boot device, only
shows me the CD as an option.  To try and fix this, I have done the
following:

1. Verified yaboot.conf is correct and run ybin.
2. Ran yabootconfig to create a new yaboot.conf.

Neither of those things has fixed the problem.  Here is some config
information:

Using /dev/hda
(parted) print
Disk geometry for /dev/hda: 0kB - 60GB
Disk label type: msdos
Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
1       32kB    8225kB  8193kB  primary  hfs          boot
2       8225kB  115MB   107MB   primary  ext3
3       115MB   60GB    60GB    primary               lvm

# yaboot.conf generated by anaconda

boot=/dev/hda1
init-message=Welcome to Fedora Core!\nHit <TAB> for boot options

partition=2
timeout=80
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
delay=5