Trouble booting FC5 from DVD

Fred Vachon fred.vachon at cox.net
Sat Mar 25 18:10:28 UTC 2006

Thanks Paul - I burnt it both ways - as a single iso file and as an
image "Burn DVD ISO image" from K3b that has multiple files.  Neither
would boot.

I tried to restart with an old CD1 of an earlier Fedora release and a
bootable Knoppix CD that I had.  But no luck.

I read in some install notes about configuring bios settings to boot
first from CD drive but I'm not sure how to do this and I never had to
configure anything before.  I have booted from this CD/DVD drive
previously (prior to FC4) so I'm not sure why it doesn't work now.  I
must not be configured to boot from CD/DVD but not sure how to change
this?  On a restart the DVD drive does get recognized and the disk spins
- but then it boots into FC4.

thanks again - fred v.