FC5 and Dell 2005FPW display

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 21:04:28 UTC 2006

On 3/25/06, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:

> The monitor works fine with Windows, so the card is capable of
> supporting it. (Intel 82865G... I think)

To quote the page I linked you to earlier : http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/

915resolution is a tool to modify the video BIOS of the 800 and 900
series Intel graphics chipsets. This includes the 845G, 855G, and 865G
chipsets, as well as 915G, 915GM, and 945G chipsets. This modification
is neccessary to allow the display of certain graphics resolutions for
an Xorg or XFree86 graphics server.

915resolution's modifications of the BIOS are transient. There is no
risk of permanent modification of the BIOS. This also means that
915resolution must be run every time the computer boots inorder for
it's changes to take effect.

--
Cheers,

Tony