FC4 dynamic DNS troubleshooting advice.

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Mar 26 17:01:10 UTC 2006

Hi there,

Okay I am having some dynamic DNS strangeness where I am not seeing my A
record getting updated for my home machine IP address.

I just moved my home machine to a new FC4 machine and moved all dynamic DNS
configuration files to this machine.  It just does not appear to be working.

So I am asking for troubleshooting advice so I can isolate where the problem
is.  So two questions come to mind.

1)  What type of logging can I invoke on the client side to see if a
notification is getting sent?
2)  What type of logging can I invoke on the primary DNS server side to see if
the notification is arriving?

It would be helpful to see examples of the necessary configuration.

Thank you in advance,

Noah