[cw-discuss] VVDQ I hope : CXO & FC5?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 26 19:04:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:41:38 +0100, Francois Gouget wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:

>> I hope this is a Very Very Dumb Question, but I have to ask : are
>> Crossover Office Pro and Fedora Core 5 going to support one another, or at
>> least be compatible??

> Definitely... eventually.
> We have downloaded FC5 yesterday. So now starts the process of testing
> it for compatibility with CrossOver Office and making any necessary
> adjustments, if any.

I have also installed FC5 on a testbed, as an upgrade rather than a clean
install; and I have a problem, which may result from that, or may be of
some interest. I uninstalled CXO, did the deletion from /opt, and
re-installed it.

Then I did the quick install of IE6 (which went swimmingly, afaict), and
it does connect.

But CXO seems to've lost what ability it had under FC4 to see my CD drive.
Previously, I had to be sure the CD was in the drive and had been read (an
icon appeared on my desktop) before invoking a CXO app; but with that
condition, it was able to.

Now, with the icon for the CD on the desktop, and the CD for an app I want
to install in the drive, it can't see it.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, NeoRedneck Linux Enthusiast
A wanderstaff like an Elvish rope should be long