VI editor in Gnome Terminal leaves text remnants on scroll

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Mar 27 13:48:36 UTC 2006

Around about 27/03/06 12:36, Khoa Ton typed ...
> The workaround here would be to set an alias in root's .bashrc
> file to use /usr/bin/vim when vi is called.  As far as I know,
> vim is more secure than vi and should be safer to run as root.

   Actually, /bin/vi *is* vim, just compiled up without lots of stuff (mouse,
plugins, etc.) that might cause problems/security issues when run as root,
esp. in recovery mode.

   It's highly unlikely (although not impossible!) that vim is the issue.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature