FC5 Laptop Install

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 28 11:49:39 UTC 2006

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Compaq Armada 7800, PII 400Mhz, 256M Ram
>>
>> The system boots to the CDROM ok, but when I try to install, it
>> delivers many messages that fly off the screen to fast to read.  It
>> stops on
>
> Try installing using the text mode installer and run the check integrity
> thing on the install CDs.

Also, some people have suggested trying to boot with "linux nodma".

There are a number of alternative installation methods
which are offered if you boot with "linux askmethod",
the simplest probably being to transfer the iso files to the hard disk
(eg to a VFAT partition under Windows) and install from that.

Nb I am not an expert!

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366