FC5 Laptop Install

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 12:17:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

> One last thing please?  After install should I have to provide this as
> a boot parameter?  If so how do i do this?

You might have to. Simplest way is to login, open a terminal window, su
and edit /boot/grub/grub.conf

You will see a boot line (looks something like Kernel-2.6.16.2069_FC4
rhgb quiet). Add the line noacpi (or whatever command you used to get
the software to install), save and boot. Any updates to the kernel will
automatically inherit this command.

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who