SLightly OT - NFS mount points

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Mar 28 17:10:15 UTC 2006

I'm having a bit of an issue and can't seem to understand the problem.
I have an nfs mount on a system mounted on /home/users.  Because I am
re-designing our systems I want to have a midpoint between this and
/home/<username>.  Here's my problem, when I try to symlink /home/<user>
to /home/users/<user>  I get a permission denied error.  The permissions
are correct as I'm doing this from root, but I get the feeling that NFS
is causing the problem.  Am I missing something here?

--
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415