FC5 WiFi confusion

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 23:10:00 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Marcel Janssen <korgull at home.nl> wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 07:59, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> > Funny, i use NM with WPA-PSK with no problem. This was the 1st time in
> > fedora, where i did not have to fiddle around to get wpa-support
> running.
> > What does it say, if it doesn't allow you to connect via wpa?
>
> It just mentions WEP.
> I'm trying again with wpa_gui today but no success.
>
> I get ioctrl errors all the time and don't find any clues to what causes
> them.
> I think it's related to madwifi.
>
> Are you using madwifi ?
>
> regards,
> Marcel

I am using madwifi for my Netgear 511T and haven't been able to get the
wpa_supplicant service to start properly. I think that is needed before
anything WPA will work at all in NM. I don't know for sure though. All the
SSIDs show up in the NM list but at very low signal strengths ... even when
I am right next to the AP.

/Mike