Help with setting up a HostAP

Chethiya K Ranaweera ckranaweera at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:15:03 UTC 2006

Hello,
I am invovled in QoS measurement of a WLAN project. As apart of the
project, I have to convert a linux box so that it could function as a
host access point. Could anyone give me some guidlines how to do this?
I found on the net some tools like hostap-utils, hostapd etc, can I
use these instead of writing a kernel module? I intend to use FC5 as
the linux OS. In fedora core official website, it says that host AP
drivers are built into the kernel that a host AP could be emulated
through software. What software are they talking about?
Thanks

--
Chethiya Ranaweera