kmod-ntfs modules from livna updating, not installing..

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:52:07 UTC 2006

After updating the kernel, I am forced now to use the previous kernel
again for a while, and I noticed that the NTFS driver didn't
load...that's because kmod-ntfs for the new kernel _updated_ rather than
installed alongside its fellow kernel's module. Since the kernel version
is no longer part of the name (I guess in accordance with extras?), yum
considers them the same package, and so deletes the old one. I'd like to
keep all my kernel modules (for ntfs, nvidia, ati, madwifi, ndiswrapper,
etc) for old kernels around, because some of them provide very useful
functionality, and as in this case, I may not be able to use the new
kernel for a while.
-Dan