Problems With Atheros Based Wireless Cards

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 30 05:15:33 UTC 2006

Hex Star wrote:
> Try a wireless bridge, it's affordable and with a wireless bridge, as
> long as you have a working ethernet card that works under linux (and
> it should automatically in most cases) you can access your wireless
> network since a wireless bridge connects through your ethernet card
> and does all the wireless communications for you (and the one I'm
> going to link to I've used with linux and it works great, should work
> out of the box...but don't worry, if your network has a setup like
> static IPs the device has a web based administration interface for
> configurating such setups and a comprehensive manual to boot), here's
> the wireless bridge I recommend getting:
> http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50556000&pfp=srch1
> <http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50556000&pfp=srch1>
I looked at your link, and looked at the setup information on the Belkin
site - I could only find a 2 page document.  I see it has a web
interface to set it up for a protected network.   Suppose I take it to
another location.  How does it find existing networks and connect to them?

I found other devices by SMC and Linksys.  Do you have any information
about how they all compare?

Hauling this device around seems a bit more trouble than a Cardbus
card.  Any comments?

Thanks.  Gerry