Problems With Atheros Based Wireless Cards

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 05:34:39 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm not sure how the others compare, but I can asure you that this is a
great device. I believe it choses the network to connect to out of the box
by chosing the closest one...of course, the web interface can be used to
manually chose the network...and the manual that came with the device I can
assure you is many more pages then just 2. And it's not that big of a deal
to haul around, the attenas can be turned in a position that's good for
luggage and the device is very light and isn't that big at all. I could
easily fit the device in a breif case along with a laptop. And IMO a
wireless bridge is a great purchase because it means no having to hassle
with wireless drivers, especially since most computers now a days come with
a NIC and Linux tends to be very good at detecting and properly utilizing
todays and older NICs as well. I personally found it to be a great relief to
be able to just plug the wireless bridge into my computers NIC, boot Linux
and be on my way surfing the internet without having to deal with the hassle
of setting up a wireless adapter. Plus, with a wireless bridge you can use
it along with a router to share the wireless internet connection amoung a
group of computers (this has come in great use for sharing my internet
connection with my desktop PC and HP NetServer). All and all a great
purchase, saves a lot of hassle for very little money.