ATI Fire GL 5100 does not work under FC5

John Ragnico spiderllottle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 17:19:38 UTC 2006

Hi.
Sorry I posted this under a wrong header, I post it again.
I just installed FC5. No problems but for graphical mode screen.
I have an ATI Fire GL V5100 card, and an HP 2335 23" screen.
I cannot set in any way the correct resolution (1920x1200).
I had to install in text mode, that worked: after that the computer
will start in runmode 3, and changing the resolution has no effect
(even at something lower than 1920x1200: it always stays, I believe, to
the lowest resolution).
Help and hints would be very appreciated...
Thanks!
ps manually changing the xorg config file to only leave the 1920x1200
line did not have any effect.
pps I have used yum to install the new kernel (and all packets
available at today), and nothing changes.