firefox problem

David Pettersson david_pettersson at bredband.net
Fri Mar 31 17:26:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

I saved my home directory under FC3 to a DVD. Then I installed FC5 and
moved my .mozilla file on the DVD to my new home directory. When I try
to start firefox I get an error msg telling me that firefox "is already
running, but is not responding". There is no file in .mozilla to that
match *lock*. If I remove .mozilla firefox starts but then I lose my
valueable bookmarks and passwords.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I came to think of the problem with the DVD renaming files (so .mozilla
is actually _mozilla on the DVD and I had to rename it when copying it
back). Do anyone have a list of filenames from .mozilla/firefox in FC3
to send me, so I can see how to rename them back if this should be the
problem?

Thanks
David