Re: Yum configuration.

Mike Chalmers wrote:
On 4/30/06, Dan <grinnz gmail com> wrote:
Mike Chalmers wrote:
> On 4/30/06, Peter Gordon <peter thecodergeek com> wrote:
>> Mike Chalmers wrote:
>> > error: Failed dependencies:
>> >        fedora-release = 4 is needed by
>> yum-fedorafaq-4-2006.02.03.noarch
>>
>> It seems that FedoraFAQ's configuration is only for FC4 at the moment;
>> and needs to be updated.
>>
>> --
>> Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
>> GnuPG Public Key ID: 0xFFC19479 / Fingerprint:
>>    DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479
>>

>> --
>>

> Is my yum configuration messed up? Thanks.
>
> From,
> Mike

Well you're using a yum.conf for FC4 right now. I would revert your backup:
mv -f yum.conf.bak yum.conf
And install repositories in the recommended way; either manually create
a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d (look at the other .repo files in there
for syntax, it's pretty simple), or if the repository provides one,
download the .repo file to that folder, or install the release RPM
(which simply places .repo files you need). For example, livna's is at
http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release5.rpm :
[grinnz bookdt43p ~]$ rpm -ql livna-release
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
It provides the .repo files and the GPG key for the repository's signed
packages, which will be imported automatically by yum the first time you
use it.
You can find this information on the repository's website; using the
example of Livna, go to http://rpm.livna.org and click Configuration.
HTH
-Dan

Hi,
These are the commands that I ran.
[root dhcppc0 etc]# mv -f yum.conf.bak yum.conf
[root dhcppc0 etc]# cd
[root dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
Retrieving http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
       package livna-release-5-4 is already installed
[root dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -ql livna-release
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
Did that straighten it out? Or did that just straighten out the livna
configuration? I don''t understand this : "> And install repositories
in the recommended way; either manually create
a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d (look at the other .repo files in there
for syntax, it's pretty simple), or if the repository provides one,
download the .repo file to that folder, or install the release RPM
(which simply places .repo files you need)."

From,
Mike

Apparently, you already had the livna repository installed. :)
-Dan