Re: fstab missing line

On 5/2/06, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin wildblue net> wrote:

I don't know if anything is wrong, I don't think I want the computer
to auto-mount CD's?  Auto-mount seems like a feature for a consumer
device like a CD/DVD player, I usually have data, text, etc. on mine.  Maybe
I'm missing something?

Well, you have to mount it sometime, and if you've put a
CD in the drive it's a fair bet you want to read it.  My only
real gripe with the idea is that the eject button on the
machine won't work for mounted drives.

The /media/{volume.name} thing strikes me as silly though.

--
imalone