FC5 hotplug documentation?

Is there any documentation for FC5's hotplug?  I need to know the
format/location  of the action scripts that get run when a new
device gets plugged in.

I have a usb GPS device (it looks like a serial port) that I'd like to
have recognized and have the device permissions automatically set to
allow the user access.  Doing an su to root and "chmod 666
/dev/ttyXXX" every time I plug it in is getting old.

-wolfgang