Getting older kernels...

Karl F. Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue May 2 20:12:21 UTC 2006

patrick wrote:
> I'm wondering if it's possible to get older versions of kernels
> anywhere? Specifically, I'm looking for and i386 version of
> 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4. I have some machines that worked best with this
> particular kernel, and I sadly do not have it anymore (I had to
> reinstall, and this kernel wasn't the most recent when I did a "yum
> update".) All of the more recent kernels I've tried seem to cause the
> machine to eventually freeze when left running.

    Hi you don't say what linux you are using but the computer is a pc.
The kernel you seem to want is a FC4 kernel and I do not see any problem
getting it. But I suggest you have something else wrong with your
system. If you know your system is crashing due to kernel panic then
there might be something to be done.

Karl