Re: Aprox 50 failed http and DVD installs of FC5 with kernel panics (bugzilla'd and willing to debug)

Les Mikesell wrote:

Another option would be to install the free VMware server under
an OS version that works and install FC5 as a vmware guest.  Even
that takes some extra steps to work around the changes in
FC5, but it should work.

To be honest, I just want a stable linux workstation, I'd much prefer it to be FC5, but that looks unlikely at the moment.

I might go back to FC4, or off to ubuntu for a bit, come back for FC6.

--

Cheers
	Dave