Old USB device

For around 3 years I have written a line in fstab so I could mount a device that I put the memory stik into and plug into any USB port. The line in fstab was like:

/dev/sda1               /mnt/usb                vfat noauto,user       1 1

and this has worked fine. Now I am on Fedora Core 5 and it doesn't work. It says /dev/sda1 does not exist, and it doesn't.

   What can I do to get this device seen by FC5?