Re: Kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5: eth0 dead

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:14:38PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
 > Dave,
 >    Doesn't the fact that the msi changes exist in the current FC4
 > kernel as well yet there are no networking problems in FC4 argue
 > against it being msi related? Wouldn't it more likely be caused
 > by some patch or change unique to the FC5 kernel?

There was a Xen update in the FC5 which wasn't changelogged for some reason.
It's believed this is responsible for the broken networking (even on non-xen kernels).
(Which explains why the FC4 kernel didnt get the same bugs).

I'm working on getting a 2109 built with the xen changes reverted.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk