scim chinese input under non GB2312 locale

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 03:46:13 UTC 2006

Hi Ed,

Login as "satimis", Chinese input on KDE under English locale is NOW
working without running;

$ export XMODIFIERS=@IM=SCIM

[Ctrl]+[Space] - swiching English/Chinese input
[Ctrl]+[Shift] - toggling input methods

input methods commonly used are working (haven't tested all of them)

Would it be "reboot" taking effect, just starting the PC?

Anyway tks again for your advice.

B.R.
SL