Odd messages during bootup from gdm

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri May 5 12:19:41 UTC 2006

Gene Heskett wrote:

> I'll try it one more time, with it enabled.  But it seems to me that if
> restorecon cannot access the config file, and here I'm ASSUMING that the
> config file in question is /etc/selinux/config, then I doubt seriously
> that restorecon can even begin to rectify the problems.
>
> FWIW, here is an ls -lZa of /etc/selinux/config:
> -rw-r--r--  root     root     system_u:object_r:file_t
> /etc/selinux/config
>
> Is that anywhere near correct?  Editing has always been done with vim,
> as root.

I would not edit a bunch of files in order to relabel.

1). Boot with selinux=0 into runlevel 1
2). run fixfiles relabel and answer yes to clear the /tmp directory
3). Reboot the computer after fixfiles relabel is completed.

This should relabel the system. (The law book for SELinux)
After the relabeling, SELinux being enabled (The law enforcement
officer) should protect the system by the hopefully properly labeled system.

If this does not relabel your system properly, something is missing on
your system related to SELinux policy or functionality.

Jim

--
Three rules for sounding like an expert:
	(1) Oversimplify your explanations to the point of uselessness.