Mozilla Suite vs. Firefox

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri May 5 16:32:16 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> Mozillas settings are far worse, a whole lot of things spread about all
>> over the place.
>

> That may be so, but I prefer them to the setup of Firefox. I am
> learning in this thread that I am not alone.

I used Mozilla until a few weeks ago.  I tried FF with the Tab Mix Plus
Extension and I won't look back at Mozilla.  At least is a page decides
to crash my browser, it doesn't take Thunderbird down.  Less crashes in
FF as well.

With a couple of tweaks to about:config, FF is much faster as well.

I do agree with many of the posters, the configuration settings should
be clearer.  I miss the cookie manager in the Tools menu most of all.

As with using any tool, it takes some time to adapt.  I am very happy
with FF. :)

The best that could happen is for FF/TB and Mozilla to work towards the
same code base.  There are good things in both.

--
Robin Laing