Setting default paper size in Gnome FC5

Hi,

How do you set the default paper size used by Gnome print dialogues in
say Evolution and Evince? It currently defaults to US Letter but
seeing as I am neither in the US nor have access to US Letter sized
paper I'd like to use A4 instead. My locale is currently en_GB-UTF8
and the printers I'm printing to are set to print to A4, and do so
when I change the paper size in the print dialogue, but I have to do
this everytime. Is there anywhere to change this globally in Gnome?

TIA,

Gav