Re: The new kernel 2.6.16-1.2111 - nice

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
On 5/6/06, Mike Cohler <mike cohler gmail com> wrote:
I have put the new kernel into 4 different machines in the past few
hours - it is working very well indeed.  Well done to Dave J for
getting this onto the updates so soon, despite the huge volume of bug
reports flooding in from the problematic kernel yesterday.

Is it in update release repos ?

Yes, I just rebooted to it, and discovered I've lost the ability to mount the XP/ntfs partition also on this dual boot lappy. I'd installed kmod-ntfs for the 2080-fc5 kernel, and that apparently continued to function just fine with 2096-fc5 although my understanding of it said it shouldn't have.

When will the updated kmod-ntfs packages be available?

--

Cheers, Gene