Re: The new kernel 2.6.16-1.2111 - nice

On 5/6/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> On 5/6/06, Mike Cohler <mike cohler gmail com> wrote:
>> I have put the new kernel into 4 different machines in the past few
>> hours - it is working very well indeed.  Well done to Dave J for
>> getting this onto the updates so soon, despite the huge volume of bug
>> reports flooding in from the problematic kernel yesterday.
>
> Is it in update release repos ?

Yes, I just rebooted to it, and discovered I've lost the ability to
mount the XP/ntfs partition also on this dual boot lappy.  I'd installed
kmod-ntfs for the 2080-fc5 kernel, and that apparently continued to
function just fine with 2096-fc5 although my understanding of it said it
shouldn't have.

When will the updated kmod-ntfs packages be available?

Maybe wait.....

Wong Kwok Hon