Re: Web-design in Fedora

On Sat, 6 May 2006 18:27:49 +0100
Timothy Murphy <tim birdsnest maths tcd ie> opined:
> Jeff Ratliff wrote:
>
> > I've found <http://www.htmlhelp.org> to be a good resource.
> >
> > Looking at the code of the kind of site you want to build can
> > teach you a few things (just click "View -> Page source" in
> > Firefox). Unfortunately many sites today run on
> > Flash/Javascript/whatever, and are needlessly complicated.
> > <http://www.catb.org/~esr> is worth looking at (Eric Raymond's
> > site) as he sticks pretty much to basic HTML/CSS.
>
> Thanks for those suggestions, which I will certainly follow up.

You might want to get a copy of "Stylin' With CSS" by Charles
Wyke-Smith. It a very good reference and tutorial appropriate for a
complete newbie. OTH, he includes a number of advanced concepts like
hacking CSS for IE. Using this our site, seems to render in Moz, FF,
IE and Safari. There is no java script required for our tabular
format.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php