Initial NFS access very slow

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun May 7 18:18:49 UTC 2006

I have had this problem across several versions of Fedora, and maybe back into
Red Hat Linux 7,8,9 days.  I can't exactly remember, but it's been a long time.

When I first try to use a NFS share after not using it for a little while, it
takes several seconds up to about a minute before I get a response.  After the
initial command has been executed, things seem to work well.

Any idea what could be holding things up?  I used to think that it was the other
machine going to sleep somehow, but I can ssh into it instantly anytime, so I
doubt that's the problem.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net