install of fc5 while running fc4?

I have partitions reserved for two simultaneous fc releases. That way, I can try a new release and revert to the old release if I have a problem with the new release. For example, I have fc4 active on my computer and I can still boot to fc3 on an alternate partition. I'm about to blow away the fc3 partions and install fc5. My question is, can I install fc5 to alternate partitions while I'm running (and actively using fc4)? Or if there isn't a safe way to do that, is there an easy way to extract all of the RPMs into the root partition of what will become the fc5 root partition so I can save a few hours during the installation?

Thanks...

                 David