Re: bittorrent freezes the system

Same thing happened to my Dell XPS dual core system, and I first I thought it was
the ethernet card (due to increased traffic) but it turned out was something
completely different (related to APIC). Have you gone through the logs?
Do you see anything in /var/log/messages? What type of ethernet card to you have?

Filippos