Re: VMware wants C headers at /usr/src/linux/include

James Pifer wrote:
I've installed both src and devel packages for my kernel on FC5. I still
don't have anything at /usr/src/linux/include, which is where vmware
player is looking for the C headers. Can anyone tell me which packages I might be missing?

For some reason, VMWare has not chosen to update the vmware-config script for the newer FC's yet (probably because they aren't "officially" supported. http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?messageID=299799&#299799 ). You need to get the following package:

http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update101.tar.gz

also, if you run a Fedora Core guest OS, you need this one:

http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-tools-any-update1.tar.gz

Steve