spambayes

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue May 9 22:09:23 UTC 2006

On Tue May 9 2006 4:52 pm, Justin Zygmont wrote:
> spamassassin is easy, I just have procmail pipe it to spamd
like this:
> :0fw
> :
> | spamc
> |
> :0 H

> /dev/null
>

> if you still get spam, just view the email headers and se what
> the score was.  I was suprised to find some major spam
> messages coming through with a 0.0 score.  Its a tough problem
> to beat sometimes.

Let me rephrase this, since it seems to have raised Aaron's
hackles. I'm not condeming spamassassin. I'm saying I am not
competent to judge spamassassin, because I haven't taken the
time to learn how it works, or how to adjust the parameters by
which if judges what is/isn't spam.

The simple point I made in my first message was that the default
configuration set up by kmail to pipe mail through spamassassin
was letting more spam through then filtering through spambayes
was - that's it - just a comparison of a default, unaltered,
install. No judgement intended about spamassassin - if my post's
wording implied otherwise, then, my words didn't convey what I
was trying to say ---
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA