scribus problem, missing dependency maybe?

I just installed scribus because I need to compose some logging forms, which installed several other packages for dependency resolution, but when I run it, all but 2 of the icons on the toolbar are just grey shapes. If I hover the mouse over them, the popups will tell me what they are, but after all the hooplah about scribus being so well polished and capable, it just seems like something in the way of a dependency was missed.

Did I (or yumex) miss something important?

--
Cheers, Gene