Re: I had high hopes for FC5, damn...

On Tue, 09 May 2006 23:55:24 -0600, clemens dwf com opined:
> I had hight hopes for FC5, HELL, I was even going to install it
> on my LAB machines without first testing it at home.
>
> But some visionary has turned it into crap.
>
> When doing an install, if the installer cant find a package you
> used to get a message asking if you wanted it to try again.
> Whenever I got this message, either rereading , or
> popping the CD out, and cleaning it did the trick, next try
> the installer was able to read the package and the install
> continued, with a bit of a delay.

Out of curiosity, did the DVD or CDs show OK in the media check?

It seems that you have multiple machines to install. Why not use a
network or HD install?
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php