Issues w/ Gnome "lock screen" applet in FC5?

Is there an issue with the "Lock screen" applet thingie that
plugs into the upper panel?  I tried enabling it, and while
clicking on it brings up the screen saver, it doesn't seem to
lock the screen at all (not in a password-protected way).

I've checked "lock screen when screen saver is active".

Click "lock screen" on the applet's menu only brings up
the screen saver.

What am I missing?

-Philip