Re: Issues w/ Gnome "lock screen" applet in FC5?

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 23:28 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
Is there an issue with the "Lock screen" applet thingie that
plugs into the upper panel?  I tried enabling it, and while
clicking on it brings up the screen saver, it doesn't seem to
lock the screen at all (not in a password-protected way).

I've checked "lock screen when screen saver is active".

Click "lock screen" on the applet's menu only brings up
the screen saver.

What am I missing?

-Philip

Are you doing this as root where the screen can not be locked.

Yes, I'm logged in as root...  Which seems to me when you MOST want to
protect a machine against unauthorized access.  Right?

-Philip